Friday 6 October 2017

Fifty Years of Horror - an evening with Ramsey Campbell at Birkenhead Central Library

I went to Birkenhead last night with Jim Pitts for an event held in honour of Ramsey Campbell (50 Years of Horror) at Birkenhead Central Library. A brilliant event, with Ramsey on top form as he opened the session with a lively reading of a brand new story, The Devil in the Detail, if I remember the title correctly. Afterwards, he signed my first edition copies of two Arkham House books of his earliest stories, The Inhabitant of the Lake (1964) and Demons by Daylight (1973), both of which I have had for over 40 years but somehow or other never got round to having signed by Ramsey till now! Luckily, having forgotten to bring my own, Jim Pitts brought his camera with him so we got lasting reminders of the event.
Thank you, Ramsey, for a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment